There can be no dispute about the benefits of training to both employees and the companies they work for. Training helps employees keep up with the latest advances in their trade, makes them feel supported and appreciated, and results in improved job satisfaction. Companies reap the benefits of highly skilled workers and gain a competitive advantage; an effective training program can help differentiate a company from its competitors, giving it an edge.
So why aren’t more training programs regularly administered?
There are several road blocks that can prevent management from implementing regular training sessions; time and scheduling constraints, cost of securing training personnel, budgeting and administrative challenges, and more. But the companies that administer training programs successfully have a secret to getting the best results: unified communications (UC) technology, including video conferencing and video streaming systems. These solutions allow personal, one-on-one type training, and participants can remain at their PCs, mobile devices, or local conference rooms.
There are many advantages to using visual collaboration solutions for training employees, including:
- The ability to effectively train a large group at one time.
- Everyone included in the training session receives the same information from the same instructor(s).
- Subject matter experts may be brought in from anywhere without having to travel to company locations.
- Costs associated with hiring corporate trainers and experts to travel on site are reduced
- Training sessions conducted over video can be archived and viewed again; a visual library of all captured sessions can be created.
Visual collaboration systems provide the catalyst to efficiently disseminate information throughout the company. The technology delivers an interactive, compelling learning environment that rivals the impact of in-person sessions, but at a greatly reduced cost. Companies that have successfully integrated this technology provide a higher quality user experience that in turn benefits the company as well as employees.